I upgraded my DSLR

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigJim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigJim

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2014
Messages
905
Reaction score
1,325
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using a Nikon D7000 for about 5 years now and was ready for an upgrade. The D7000 is still a nice camera but I wanted something with a higher dynamic range. I almost dropped way more than I should on the new Z6 mirrorless, but I ended up going with the D7500. So far I really like it. Next I need to look into some upgraded lenses. If anyone has any experience with D series lenses they would like to share, I would love to hear about them. Here are some photos with my trusty old Tokina 100mm.

mystery wrasse 112818 by Big Jim, on Flickr
copperband 112818 by Big Jim, on Flickr
tusk 112718 2 by Big Jim, on Flickr
zoas 3 112718 by Big Jim, on Flickr
zoas 112718 by Big Jim, on Flickr
 
Very nice pictures. Love that Harlequin!

Thanks! I wish he didn't spend so much time in his cave, but he is not too much of a terror. He drives the clownfish crazy looking for a snack when the female lays her eggs and has a snail graveyard in his cave, but otherwise leaves his tank mates alone.
 
Amazing shots, love the composition and the colors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new