I want to augment my lighting safely.

Mark Novack

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
700
Reaction score
678
Location
Belgium
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 2 meter long tank with a 150 cm giesemann hybrid lamp. Because I moved the tank forward 10 cm the lamp is now rear of centerline and the colors pop on the wrong side and the far left and right acropora could use a bit more light too. Also, the LED blue is not quite enough during the daylight. So yesterday I order two 90 cm blue plus orphek bars to hang in front of the giesemann to give more frontal and end exposure.

I have never augmented my lighting before. How should I start these into the photoperiod? An hour per day for a week and an hour plus each week? Is that too conservative, too aggressive, or does that sound safe?

Thanks,
Mark
 
This shows the lighting well.
 

Attachments

  • 20220815_120032.jpg
    20220815_120032.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 72

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new