I want to play in the nano in 90 group

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, My name is Rich and I am new to Reef2Reef. I very much would like to jump in and play with you guys and see how it plays out. I looked over the rules and understand for the most part. One question I have is it says you have to be a member of R2R. Does that mean a web member like me (first post and all lol) or a paid member? If its paid member please let me know what I have to do soon because this starts tonight I think at midnight. My plan is to do a 20G Long with no sump and a hang on back skimmer. Reason for that plan is because I just got it off craigslist about 2 weeks ago. I have one more question, if we have a running tank can we take some chaeto out of the sump and use it to seed the new tank? last question..... why cant I hit enter and jump down to a new line when I post here??/.......v/r Rich

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! You don't have to be a paid member to enter. The contest is open to all members of R2R. I'm not 100% sure on the chaeto question and will get some clarity on that for you. Good luck in the contest!!

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go, a 20Gal long with some fresh RO/DI and salt. This pic was taken two weeks ago next comes some sand and rocks Here is a FTS with the rocks set up a touch better Here is a pic to show the only flow I will have in the tank. MP10 FTWLast is a side tank shot now all I need to know is what I need to put in the tank to play along. its almost 9pm Central...only 3 more hrs... v/r Rich

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. He is a pic of day one with the required photo. I wish everyone good luck and hope I don't do something stupid..lol...im not a nano guy at all.

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would share some of the hardware i will be running. This pic is the DIY LEDs i built for a ATS.

I did change out the LEDs so they were not all red. 12 total LEDs 2 red, 2 blue, 4 cool white, and 4 warm white. I realy like mix when its over the tank. Plus it has tons of shimmer. Here is the bottom or bright side.

Last is a BakPac skimmer pulling out all the yuck.

The tank is right around 2ish weeks old. Last week i added 14 snails because i had so much algae on the rocks. They are doing a great job cleaning them up but i had no idea they could poop so much. I have to test my water prams next and see where i stand. My local Petco has a snowflake clown right now that i realy want but at 110 bucks im not getting it until im sure the tank is safe.

V/R

Rich

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much to update with the tank right now. My N03 came up a touch after adding a PJ to the tank. I will be putting in a few low $ zoa this weekend if the water tests well. I have been looking at so many tanks that are playing that its making me feel bad about my entry...lol.. anyway, Good luck to everyone! V/R Rich

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you are doing things right and taking your time. I'm sure that will pay off in the long run.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back