I want to play in the nano in 90 group

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, My name is Rich and I am new to Reef2Reef. I very much would like to jump in and play with you guys and see how it plays out. I looked over the rules and understand for the most part. One question I have is it says you have to be a member of R2R. Does that mean a web member like me (first post and all lol) or a paid member? If its paid member please let me know what I have to do soon because this starts tonight I think at midnight. My plan is to do a 20G Long with no sump and a hang on back skimmer. Reason for that plan is because I just got it off craigslist about 2 weeks ago. I have one more question, if we have a running tank can we take some chaeto out of the sump and use it to seed the new tank? last question..... why cant I hit enter and jump down to a new line when I post here??/.......v/r Rich

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! You don't have to be a paid member to enter. The contest is open to all members of R2R. I'm not 100% sure on the chaeto question and will get some clarity on that for you. Good luck in the contest!!

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go, a 20Gal long with some fresh RO/DI and salt. This pic was taken two weeks ago next comes some sand and rocks Here is a FTS with the rocks set up a touch better Here is a pic to show the only flow I will have in the tank. MP10 FTWLast is a side tank shot now all I need to know is what I need to put in the tank to play along. its almost 9pm Central...only 3 more hrs... v/r Rich

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone. He is a pic of day one with the required photo. I wish everyone good luck and hope I don't do something stupid..lol...im not a nano guy at all.

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would share some of the hardware i will be running. This pic is the DIY LEDs i built for a ATS.

I did change out the LEDs so they were not all red. 12 total LEDs 2 red, 2 blue, 4 cool white, and 4 warm white. I realy like mix when its over the tank. Plus it has tons of shimmer. Here is the bottom or bright side.

Last is a BakPac skimmer pulling out all the yuck.

The tank is right around 2ish weeks old. Last week i added 14 snails because i had so much algae on the rocks. They are doing a great job cleaning them up but i had no idea they could poop so much. I have to test my water prams next and see where i stand. My local Petco has a snowflake clown right now that i realy want but at 110 bucks im not getting it until im sure the tank is safe.

V/R

Rich

OP
OP
H

hancockrich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not much to update with the tank right now. My N03 came up a touch after adding a PJ to the tank. I will be putting in a few low $ zoa this weekend if the water tests well. I have been looking at so many tanks that are playing that its making me feel bad about my entry...lol.. anyway, Good luck to everyone! V/R Rich

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like you are doing things right and taking your time. I'm sure that will pay off in the long run.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 11.6%
Back