I was too rough with my torch!

Reefs by Luke

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Boca Raton, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new torch coral today and attempted to move on that was glued down. I wiggled the frag until it popped off, but when it popped my finger cut off a bunch of tentacles. The remaining tentacles look brutal and theres a bunch of torch pieces floating around my tank. It was looking so good until a messed it up! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I have the torch in a low flow spot with a par of 140-120.
IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg
IMG_2533.jpeg
IMG_2534.jpeg
 
Personally I would leave it there and monitor how it is doing over the next few days. It looks stressed more than anything
 
I find that corals are very resilient to physical damage. I guess it happens in nature, rockslides, earthquakes, etc... I find that corals repair very easily from physical damage and even do better in many cases. I do believe that it truly applies to corals "what doesn't kill them will make them stronger"
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new