IceCap 3K Gyre Generation Flow Pump licences Maxspect technology

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new IceCap 3K Gyre Generation Flow Pump looks a lot like the Maxspect Gyre pumps and that’s because IceCap licensed the technology from Maxspect to produce a budget-friendly gyre pump. The IceCap 3K Gyre is rated for up to 3,000 GPH of gyre flow goodness with a controller, but comes at a much more palatable […]

Continue reading...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Odd, since I believe both brands are owned by the same company.
Yeah. I was wondering about the wording used. I think this is just another CoralVue subsidiary producing a budget version of the same product. So...Lexus meets Toyota kind of deal.

rgaston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spoke with Carlos at Coral Vue and he told me these are not only licensed by Maxspect but they are also made by Maxspect. It really sounds like it would be a great pump for the money.

Rython

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering a maxpect gyre xf230 but now i'm thinking this might be the way to go for my 60g cube. The only thing that concerns me a little is that they released it under a different brand. Maybe they are just trying to keep Maxspect as the "premium" brand, or maybe they are trying to distance Maxpect from any potential quality issues. I'm so used to relying on product reviews that i'm super uncomfortable buying new products...even budget products.

Last edited:

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the article they are not cross-functional. Nor can you hook of more than one of the IceCaps like you can the Maxpects...

Of course, my brand new Maxpect Gyre arrived Monday... I want to eventually combine a second one, so I guess I would probably have stayed with the Maxspect, anyway.

rgaston

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an innovative marine sr 60. The display is only the size of a 40 gal breeder. One of either would be fine for me. I can see your reasoning for larger tanks.

Rython

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if you're going to need two, Maxspect is still clearly superior. I'm just going to need one though, so I'd really like to see a 1v1 comparison.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Im curious on how loud they are.
I've only owned 2 types of wavemakers, mp10wqd and the jebao gyre that was super loud once it hit 40%+.

Back