Icecap 660 and T-5's??

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no way that is too much light, if you had 400w 10k's then maybe, but hamiltons don't have that much par, the t5's will be great supplementing.

one final though. you can run the 660 with 2 t5s and 2 vho's,

Good points, you can even run NO bulbs if you wanted......Not that you would but Icecap ballast are the chit when it comes to flexibility....

Don Lino

My Sump Monkey
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, Rev I have a 4' 120gal and all I run is 6 T5 bulbs, 4 on an IC660 ballast and the other 2 on seperate ballasts.
If my setup was not an inwall I wouldve put 8 bulbs but I lost approx. 6" room going with an inwall setup..
Check out the new German bulbs...
Korralen-Zucht (KZ) bulbs
They come in awesome colors, Fiji Purple, KZ Coralight red, Ive heard nothing but positive responses on these bulbs... G/L

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do I need 46" or 48" T-5's? My 120g is 48" long. The reason I ask is that at Hellolights they have 48" and at Marine Depot they have 46"....

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Hellolights bulbs and they came in at 46.5 inches. When you add the length of the endcaps you will get a total of 48'' I think. I couldn't find my dang tape measure or I would measure the bulb and the bulb end cap for you......I know when I have the bulb out it is a little bit shorter then the tank and with both end caps on it comes out to be almost exactly the same length from end to end......I have a 40g long that is 48'' long.....

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ooo when did uri come out with t5's?!
i may have to go with t5's now

I don't know but I have 2 URI T-5 Super actinics and I love them so far....All the goods of the old bulb with better par and less energy....Get the same bang as well....JMHO. I might swap one out for a ATI Blue+ just to check them out as well, not sure what it would do for my dawn/dusk lighting scheme though.

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uri came out with the t5;s about a year ago+

i first ran t5s about 3 years ago, but back then i didn't know about the individual reflectors, and they weren't readily available, so i wasn't that impressed with them. a lot has changed.

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes my bulbs and kit from are kick butt from hellolights!, you cant beat the super UV for actinics even if you add just one it will change you out look! yes the t5's are 46" with end caps and mounts they are 48". i ran super UV with my NO bulbs and color is the same just may not be as bright but that is what made me get the super UV t5. nothing like a little purple to bring out the poping colors of corals.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back