IceCap ATO

ejim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heads up, my controller stopped working in 35 days. I created a support ticket and said I use an Apex with it and it cycles it multiple times a day for feedings, emptying skimmer,...etc.

They said it's not designed to be turned on/off multiple times a day but they'll do a courtesy warranty replacement THIS time.

Well that was never in any disclaimer and its bull crap. Other than that, it worked fine when it worked fine.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heads up, my controller stopped working in 35 days. I created a support ticket and said I use an Apex with it and it cycles it multiple times a day for feedings, emptying skimmer,...etc.

They said it's not designed to be turned on/off multiple times a day but they'll do a courtesy warranty replacement THIS time.

Well that was never in any disclaimer and its bull crap. Other than that, it worked fine when it worked fine.

(lol)
How did you setup an ATO to preform feedings and emptying an skimmer too?

Can you post some pictures?

:)

OP
OP
E

ejim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(lol)
How did you setup an ATO to preform feedings and emptying an skimmer too?

Can you post some pictures?

:)
Not sure if you're joking or not. On my feed program the apex turns off the return pump, powerhead, skimmer. When all that's off the water level in the sump goes up at least 6 inches covering the top optical sensor of the ATO system, sounding an alarm. So as part of my feeding, maintainence routine, the apex cuts power to the ato as well. And apparently, this unit could be damaged if you turns it off and on too much.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you're joking or not. On my feed program the apex turns off the return pump, powerhead, skimmer. When all that's off the water level in the sump goes up at least 6 inches covering the top optical sensor of the ATO system, sounding an alarm. So as part of my feeding, maintainence routine, the apex cuts power to the ato as well. And apparently, this unit could be damaged if you turns it off and on too much.

I just feed with all pumps on.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.0%
Back