Icecap gyre 2k/hydros settings for pulse mode

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to keep this short. I’ve got a gyre 2k that is powered by the hydros wave engine. I’m currently struggling to get this thing to operate in pulse mode. It’s just a constant sheet of flow no matter what setting I put it in.

My understanding is nutrient export is their pulse mode. I just want a simple 2 second on, one off, or something in that ballpark. My Nero’s and mp10 are no problem to get to do that.

From what I’ve read, it seems like the pump speed limit needs to be the percentage you want and the pump to operate at. So I set it from 25-50%, as I don’t want it to operate above 50. And then for the pump status settings it seems like that needs to be set for 1-100 for the speed range. Unless I’ve got that wrong?

It worked in pulse mode for about 3 min, and then reverts back to constant. Makes no sense. I’ll try to attach my screenshots. I have no idea if this is correct, but it worked for a hot minute and then stops pulsing.

IMG_5254.png IMG_5252.png

OP
OP
M

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can’t figure this out. Came home to find that it’s actually in pulse mode again. I only set the schedule for one mode.

DrinkinPepsi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you reached out to hydros yet? They are pretty helpful. If you haven't figured anything out by time I'm home from work I can try this on my 4ks and see what it does.

OP
OP
M

mjw011689

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have and it didn’t really clear anything up. They said it was too short of a pulse interval but that doesn’t make much sense… it worked for a while and then just stopped. Which makes me think I’ve messed something up with the schedule somehow

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back