IceCap Replacement Parts on Gyre Pump?

dublinreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in need of a replacement impellor shaft for my Gyre xf250 and was wondering if any of the Ice Cap impellors might work as I have heard they are nearly identical pumps. They are also much cheaper to buy.
Many Thanks.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in need of a replacement impellor shaft for my Gyre xf250 and was wondering if any of the Ice Cap impellors might work as I have heard they are nearly identical pumps. They are also much cheaper to buy.
Many Thanks.
Please feel free to head over to www.coralvue.com/support and submit a ticket. One of the reps there will be able to help you

Andrew Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am betting they are not compatible, as none of the gyre models offered under the Coralvue umbrella are ever compatible with each other. After 2-3 years, a new model comes out. No new features, never any resolution to known issues that have plagued gyres for the last 5+ years, just a new model that isn't compatible with the predecessor. XF130 owners have the exact same plague-like issues as XF350 owners. Replacement parts for obsolete models (i.e. XF230) in some instances (shaft and motor block for ruptured magnet) will exceed the retail cost of the unit when it was brand new. I've NEVER had a Tunze or Eheim shaft motor magnet rupture.

It's a business model, just not one I will support any longer.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, sorry that gyre parts are not compatible to Icecap pump parts.

Andrew Mc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course not. Because one is a gyre and the other is a gyre.

Make no mistake, the lack of compatibility between Coralvue gyres benefits one entity only.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course not. Because one is a gyre and the other is a gyre.

Make no mistake, the lack of compatibility between Coralvue gyres benefits one entity only.
Regarding this issue, we are sorry that Gyre 300 series is not compatible with Gyre 200 series, as we are using new sine wave technology in the controllers, and the new water flow directors, which needs to have a new pump, which has different hardware and is not compatible with the old ones.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back