Ich. Herbtana

Annie w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help figuring out if Herbtana will work treating Ich on whole tank? I had a clown that unfortunately was not QT before putting in my main tank. (I know I know). I noticed he had Ich and now I’m treating the whole tank for Ich with Herbtana. Will this work? I started treatment immediately. Should I be doing water changes often? Lighting? Temperature? Other changes to be made to help?

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I used to work at petco a few years ago where the only treatment allowed for ich was herbtana. It will at best manage symptoms of ich but it will never iradicate ich/velvet in your tank. Like I said at best it will manage symptoms.

I highly recommend treating you dt (if possible) with copper for a month. It's recommended to remove any rocks and sand. And then you'll have to remove any inverts as well.

It would be better to treat all your fish in a qt tank for a month and let your dt go fallow for 76 days (incase it's velvet and not ich)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

That product is more of a herbal tonic. If your fish have an advanced case of ich, it is unlikely to stop the infection. The company says it reduces parasites. The trouble is that many parasites reach an exponential growth phase, where reduction of the parasite load isn’t enough.
Are you 100% positive on the ich diagnosis? Can you post a picture of it?
Jay

Back