Ich won’t go away

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it thanks how would I go about switching between copper treatments, I’m thinking about moving the blue tang into a 20 gallon long and switching to copper power… what would be the correct and safest way for this process ???
Switching copper treatments is really difficult. You need to remove most/all of one and then redose the second, since they test at different levels. I’m not sure that will help though, as both products seem to work equally well.
Jay

OP
OP
A

aquakj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys seems like the ich still won’t go away and I got a Hanna copper checker but it keeps reading 0.00 I’ve done the test 3x and i keep getting that reading so I I did it with the API and it’s reading a bit less than .50 maybe .25 I really want this blue tang to pull through I’m really having trouble on what to do ?!?!? Help please FYI the ich doesn’t seem to aggressive but it still bothers the tang as it keeps scratching on the pvc…also the tang is still eating everyday pellets, nori and mysis shrimp

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys seems like the ich still won’t go away and I got a Hanna copper checker but it keeps reading 0.00 I’ve done the test 3x and i keep getting that reading so I I did it with the API and it’s reading a bit less than .50 maybe .25 I really want this blue tang to pull through I’m really having trouble on what to do ?!?!? Help please FYI the ich doesn’t seem to aggressive but it still bothers the tang as it keeps scratching on the pvc…also the tang is still eating everyday pellets, nori and mysis shrimp
When I first started using a Hanna Checker, I found the instructions a bit confusing, and I accidently zeroed the device on the reacted sample. Doing that will give you a zero reading. If you got a pink color in the tube and the Hanna is reading zero, either that happened, or the unit is defective. If no pink color develops after you add the reagent, then there truly is no copper.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back