Ick breakout!

Jrhunter0000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broke out with ick last week. Lost 3 fish! Today I removed all my fish and freshwater bathed them and moved them to a QT pond. I plan on doing hypo.
Here’s the kicker my 6 line hid in a rock and I can’t get him out my display. I ready wrasses are resistant to ick?
I plan on leaving the tank follow for 2 months. Will he be a issue and allow the ick to still thrive? He’s the only fish in there?
I tried a trap....can’t get him out!

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m my experience low stress and ensuring proper feeding. Less stress is #1. So I think leaving him would be best if he has no signs. How did the outbreak start?

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta get that wrasse out

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If youve got a clear vase you can start feeding in that and eventually when he goes in pull it out

SonyaBAZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m far from an expert but from the many threads I’ve read about ich on here. If there is any fish present the organism will still remain in the system. You have to get him out or do ich management instead of eradication.

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m my experience low stress and ensuring proper feeding. Less stress is #1. So I think leaving him would be best if he has no signs. How did the outbreak start?
Absolutly dont chase hhim with net. Do the vase method

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Introduced a powder brown. I know I shouldn’t have but it was given to me and I took the chance. Now I’m paying for it
So I have 2 scenarios of experience with ick. Stress during introduction and mainly due to tank mates and a temp difference. I do not believe that we can 100% remove ick and it will always be in the tank but as long as the fish continues to eat you are good. Also my lfs has also stated that if you look at the parasites on the body there are more eggs in your sand. Taking a week fish out exposes your healthy fish to a larger amount. I have used StopIck in the past to treat my reef tank but i had lost my naso during the treatment.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back