Icp analysis

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone see anything alarming here? I’m not much for chasing numbers, but thought it would be interesting to see how an icp turned out. 65 display, 40 breeder sump, dosing calcium, alk, and mag with BRS. Hw Reefer salt. Water changes weekly. Cal and mag show higher on this test than my kits (Hanna checker and Saliferts) did at the same time. Tank seems to be doing well except a biggish plating Monti that randomly got several white areas over the past week. Mixed reef. Salinity 1.025, temp 78.5, ph typically 8.1-8.3. Tank is about 8 yrs old.
30896E6D-693B-46C4-B43D-A5937B77EB8C.png

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone see anything alarming here? I’m not much for chasing numbers, but thought it would be interesting to see how an icp turned out. 65 display, 40 breeder sump, dosing calcium, alk, and mag with BRS. Hw Reefer salt. Water changes weekly. Cal and mag show higher on this test than my kits (Hanna checker and Saliferts) did at the same time. Tank seems to be doing well except a biggish plating Monti that randomly got several white areas over the past week. Mixed reef. Salinity 1.025, temp 78.5, ph typically 8.1-8.3. Tank is about 8 yrs old.
30896E6D-693B-46C4-B43D-A5937B77EB8C.png
I don’t see anything that would alarm me.
one thing I question is your chloride and sodium are low, which makes me question if your refractometer may be off. What are you using?
My montis bleached in places when my phosphate went down to 0. Have you tested nitrate and phosphate?

OP
OP
Kris 2020

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last Sunday nitrates were 2.18 when they are usually 4-5, phosphates were .05, I’d say they average around .03. About 2 months ago I caught them both depleting rapidly and made some adjustments in my sump, and they came back up within a couple weeks (halved my overgrown Chaeto, removed 1/3 or so of biopellets, reduced flow and capacity on gfo).

i have a refractometer from brs. I have 2 brs calibration fluid bottles that agree, and I do calibrate it every other water change or so. I calibrated it last week, it was spot on. Sometimes it is off a bit. Which is why I check it that often. I swear if you set it down hard it needs recalibration. I thought the sodium level was odd too. I suppose a backup method isn’t a bad idea, and no saying both my bottles of calibration fluid might be off. Although wouldn’t my tank health show that?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 26 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%
Back