ICP results advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Musictoyourhome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on lowering Aluminum based on this Icp test. Also, anything else you might see on here that could cause corals not to be thriving. Any help would be great thanks!

Attachments

• ICP.pdf
    312.4 KB · Views: 129

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won’t open for me. I had high aluminum for a while too which I believed killed a bunch of my corals. If you have marine pure blocks I’d remove them. You need to find the source. Rowaphos will reduce Al as well. Do some water changes. Be careful not to allow phosphate to get too low for too long which can lead to other issues. I got a nasty dinoflagellate outbreak after using Rowaphos.

OP
OP
M

Musictoyourhome

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
I did have 3 small of the marine pure cubes in the tank. Its a reefer 350 so not sure if they were large enough to cause it. I will definitely look into the Rowaphos.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet it’s the blocks. Mine was a 90 gallon sca with about 10 marine pure blocks. Initial measurement was 112! Rowaphos and water changes should do the trick. Just make sure your checking your PO4.

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was 47 last check. Also marine pure bio balls in fuge. They’ve been there from the Start but considering removing them.

Naboria79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a common problem with the marine pure blocks. I just filled my sump with the mini cubes.

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I last checked and it was about 50. Corals we’re finally doing ok at this point. At 112 my corals looked like I started zeovit at full blast and they literally were sucked inside out or something. I even lost birds nests. I did the coralvue Icp. Their parameter said that the natural parameter of Al at Fiji is about 80. I don’t know about those marine pure blocks. Siporax may be better option.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back