ICP results and advice

Humble_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My first time getting ICP results. Any advice beyond that given by ATI? No sure how I'd got about dosing the suggested elements...

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get salinity up first. I personally wouldn't dose anything that they recommended. I would handle trace elements with water changes. I don’t understand phosphates. Do you have zero phosphates or was it not tested?

OP
OP
Humble_Reefer

Humble_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get salinity up first. I personally wouldn't dose anything that they recommended. I would handle trace elements with water changes. I don’t understand phosphates. Do you have zero phosphates or was it not tested?

I actually cant find what nn means on the site. Im seeing other threads say it means not detectable, which is weird because I tested with a hanna ulr the same day and got 0.022 ppm phosphorus.

I will start with some water changes. I dont like the idea of dosing anything i can test on site. Does aluminum look high to you?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t know about the aluminum. It does seem high though. I would try not to worry about it for now and see what you get on the next test. This assumes the tank is doing well.

I think you are right about the phosphates result. I personally trust my Hanna but you are running close to the Hanna detection limits right now. You don’t happen to run an aluminum based phosphate remover do you? That could answer a couple questions.

OP
OP
Humble_Reefer

Humble_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don’t know about the aluminum. It does seem high though. I would try not to worry about it for now and see what you get on the next test. This assumes the tank is doing well.

I think you are right about the phosphates result. I personally trust my Hanna but you are running close to the Hanna detection limits right now. You don’t happen to run an aluminum based phosphate remover do you? That could answer a couple questions.

I didnt know I was close to the hanna limit. I'll have to look into that. Thanks.

I was using phosguard, which I've read can leech aluminum. I also had some shrooms and LPS die, which I've read some associate with phosguard use... My most expensive corals too, of course!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back