ICP Results, Minor Concentrations of Toxic Chemicals

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having issues with SPS for a while, turning pale and dying. I have done several ICP tests and noticed smaller concentrations of lots of things I wasn't expecting to see. I have a 7 stage RODI unit and use red sea blue bucket salt, so i'm surprised to see this stuff in my water. Could part of my problem be the small amounts of Titanium, Tungsten, Zinc, Silver, Arsenic, Lead, Selenium.... I'm surprised to see any amounts of that stuff, although it appears to be small (measured in ppb). Seeing other ICP tests on here people are getting results with undetectable amounts for those elements it seems.

Test710272397_Results.jpeg

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could part of my problem be the small amounts of Titanium, Tungsten, Zinc, Silver, Arsenic, Lead, Selenium.... I'm surprised to see any amounts of that stuff, although it appears to be small (measured in ppb).

Nothing jumps out to me as an issue. Seawater has every element known to man in it, and many of the trace elements are in the ppb range.

You might actually benefit from a trace element supplement, since some important trace elements are not detected. Manganese, for example, and iodine is low.

I show a full list here:

What is Seawater? by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back