ICP results

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my ICP results. Any comments? Notably, I'm using marine pure block. Have noticed a recent die off of LPS and Zoas. 125 gallons with about 15 gallon sump. Measured for 100 gallons filling volume. Thank you.

Attachments

• triton.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmph. I was hoping the triton test would reveal something plaguing my corals.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks pretty good to me too.

I'm not convinced iodine is useful, but some people think so and it is low, so dosing some is a fine thing to try.

A number of the trace metals read zero. A trace element cocktail might be worth trying. :)

OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dr. Holmes-Farley,
Thanks for you're response- I know you may be hesitant to recommend a particular product, but any direction you can point me in for trace elements?
Thank you for your time,
Charle

OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the Red Sea colors? Component A has Iodine, which my results are lacking as well. Thanks.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about the Red Sea colors? Component A has Iodine, which my results are lacking as well. Thanks.
My advice with Red Sea
.....calculate their recommended dose and do no more than 1/2....... I do about 1/2 to 1x their daily dose once per week.....

IF you are going to try and fully dose you better order about 12 of those Triton kits.

OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice with Red Sea
.....calculate their recommended dose and do no more than 1/2....... I do about 1/2 to 1x their daily dose once per week.....

IF you are going to try and fully dose you better order about 12 of those Triton kits.

How do you like the Red Sea colors?

OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see much information about Julian Sprung's reef formula on the site. Do you know what it is comprised of?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the Red Sea colors?
I’ve used Coral colours along with the full Red Sea Reef Program since setting my tank up June 2016 and they work well together.

I manually dose them just below the full dose to be on the safe side and corals are all thriving with this and the other parts of the program. I dose by calcium uptake as per the instructions.

I’ve haven’t tried any other manufactures so I can’t make any judgement, as I’ve trusted Red Sea from the start with excellent results, but just my thoughts.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Iodine is fine to dose as an experiment to see if there's a benefit, but many of us have found none and stopped dosing it.

OP
OP
C

cubbyman60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea seems a little complicated, as it is tied to calcium uptake.

Back