ICP test by fauna Marin

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two test from them last year and now want to send them in. I didn’t know there are so many bad reviews about them such as being no answers from customer service to no results from them after a month.

should I bother to waste my time and postage to even sending them in or try to return them?

also per the instruction, “close the lid under water so there is no air in the tubes” I really don’t want to submerge the tube in my tank or take out too much of water just to send in the sample unless during a water change.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two test from them last year and now want to send them in. I didn’t know there are so many bad reviews about them such as being no answers from customer service to no results from them after a month.

should I bother to waste my time and postage to even sending them in or try to return them?

also per the instruction, “close the lid under water so there is no air in the tubes” I really don’t want to submerge the tube in my tank or take out too much of water just to send in the sample unless during a water change.
you spent the money and now in home stretch down to just postage and follow instructions - vote "just do it" - nike

Will cross fingers you are lucky and you aren't left hanging. While you may have a pico tank and therefore need to mix up some saltwater to account for loss, again vote "just do it" - nike

To test water, they need water. They don't want too much oxygen exchange during shipment, so follow instructions.

When you want to spend money again on test, mail order results from aquariumwatertesting.com gave me good turnaround (info in my build thread, below)

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you spent the money and now in home stretch down to just postage and follow instructions - vote "just do it" - nike

Will cross fingers you are lucky and you aren't left hanging. While you may have a pico tank and therefore need to mix up some saltwater to account for loss, again vote "just do it" - nike

To test water, they need water. They don't want too much oxygen exchange during shipment, so follow instructions.

When you want to spend money again on test, mail order results from aquariumwatertesting.com gave me good turnaround (info in my build thread, below)
I do a pico along with my 120 and 73. Have you used them or just comment just comment?

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do a pico along with my 120 and 73. Have you used them or just comment just comment?
Also if I can return them for a full refund I would. Why I am mentioning postage because if I know something won’t work why would I bother time and money lol

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if I can return them for a full refund I would. Why I am mentioning postage because if I know something won’t work why would I bother time and money lol
Doubt you can return them for any refund. Either go forward or skip them. Either way, once you make up your mind you'll feel better.

Searching the internet, this is one of the research posts that helped me pick the company I went with, but there are options, above I just shared what I used for my first mail order, but as you'll see from research you have many options, and not even limited to what in in this post:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back