ICP test results

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything I should adjust or be concerned about? Tank is 6 years old 120 gallon mixed reef and 55 gallon refuge. I’m dosing core7 no filters no skimmer I run carbon one week every month.
65B02DD6-45DD-4641-B005-E50B97055D23.png

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan of the reliability of this company, but nothing jumps out as an issue.

Is the tank doing OK?
The tank is looking good and corals are growing. I have done a few TRITON ICP tests and was happy with the help they give but no help with this test so I thought I would see what you think. This test was done two weeks after a full rip clean and 100% new water. I plan to keep this water for awhile. Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 3 pack tests, sent one off, i felt the same after i got the first results back. never used the other 2 tests..
I’m sure the test kits I have for the big three are good enough but I was interested in the heavy metals and other things I don’t test for. Is it worth doing a Triton detox for heavy metals? I don’t plan on doing regular water changes.

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use some Poly filter to filter out the metals. I was running Triton AL99 and its an AI based phosphate remover, needless to say my AI was off the charts high. I used the Polyfilter and cleaned it up pretty good. Thats what i didnt like as well. I do use the Trition ICP just to sure up what i think im doing right make sure things are seriously out of wack lol... But these should be taken with a grain of salt, and not be the bible of water chemistry for our tanks. once i pounded that into my thick head things got a little easier trying not to chase numbers, if the tank looks good, then great!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure the test kits I have for the big three are good enough but I was interested in the heavy metals and other things I don’t test for. Is it worth doing a Triton detox for heavy metals? I don’t plan on doing regular water changes.

I would not assume you have undesirably elevated heavy metals without a test, as another term for heavy metals is trace elements that many folks intentionally dose. Not all heavy elements are undesirable.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back