Icp test results

RPGLaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
during the past month and a half some of my corals started to slowly die. I didn’t change anything in my maintenance routine I was still doing about 35% water changes every 2-3 weeks. After noticing that my corals where not getting better I decided to get a new batch of salt, new rodi filters, and ordered an Icp test. I sent off the Icp test and then proceeded to do a 50% water change this weekend. The corals are looking better so I think I got one of the issues. I also got the results for my Icp test and I wonder if you guys can tell me what could have caused this type of die off. My tank is LPS dominant. This is my first Icp test so I don’t know what I’m looking at here for the most part.

22DC2BFC-6FF4-4A78-9967-6F70FD29432B.png

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of depleted elements. Definitely get Iodine up, but that element is tricky. Also Zinc, Nickel, Moly, & Vanadium. I can bet Fluoride is depleted also. PM me if you need help. :)

Reef Labs Inc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect your issue is related to the large number of deficient trace elements. The deficiencies in Fe, Mn, Zn, Vn stand out the most to me. We typically see STN and RTN in systems with this many deficiencies for anything but brief periods of time. Given your test results and what we consistently see with these these particular deficiencies, I'm not surprised that you were having problems. That's not to say that lacking trace elements are the only cause of problems, but rather that the elemental makeup of seawater is the foundation that all other biological processes are built upon. When there are issues, start by ensuring that the foundation is correct. Then if issues don't resolve, move up the ladder until you find the problem.

My suggestion would be to remedy those deficiencies, test again to ensure you've succeeded, and then observe your coral and see if the situation has improved.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if there is any bio media blocks in the system??
Coincidentally, (or not) I have 4-4x8 bio bricks and I too show aluminum but at a much lower amount.
I mop that up with Metasorb.
Seems bricks and aluminum may be connected somehow.
All looks good though.

Back