ID Clownfish pls

  • Thread starter Thread starter ewanho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ewanho

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2020
Messages
131
Reaction score
51
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you Please help to identify these clownfish; they were purchased as Ocellaris and were a beautiful bright orange at half and inch; now almost 2” they have turned black;
I specifically only wanted the orange and although they look ok, still am disappointed since not a fan of the designer clownfish.

does anyone know if water conditions or diet can lead to changes in coloration?

I suppose for $5 a fish I shouldn't complain

69EFF80C-6FB9-45F8-80B5-0540C112A38B.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9340.MOV
    5.8 MB
It could be a Darwin ocellaris clownfish strain which is not a designer type of clown. They come naturally that way from the wild. Diet is not going to make them change back. Also depending on what they host, they can also change colors.
 
Oh ty; will research the Darwin type
 
Black ocilleris but could also be black photon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new