Id for arabian goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter Teryo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Teryo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2022
Messages
35
Reaction score
17
Location
UAE
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello guys,

happy new year to you all!

can anyone please ID this goby? I think it is a goby because it moved the sand like other goby. Length is 3 to 4 inches black color with tiny blue dots on body. It is shy. Location in Arabia. It has been 2 days at peace with a pair of clown fish. FA123284-055E-408E-A412-7F17E8E77B12.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0904.MOV
    10.7 MB
hello guys,

happy new year to you all!

can anyone please ID this goby? I think it is a goby because it moved the sand like other goby. Length is 3 to 4 inches black color with tiny blue dots on body. It is shy. Location in Arabia. It has been 2 days at peace with a pair of clown fish. FA123284-055E-408E-A412-7F17E8E77B12.jpeg
Google both combtooth blenny and black clown goby. Still difficult to tell from photos as they are not clear
 
Two species that I'd compare with (though I don't know if it's either of them):
Atrosalarias fuscus - the Black Sailfin Blenny
Ecsenius namiyei - the Black Combtooth Blenny
 
I appreciate your replies. This is more close up picture. It is still shy and does not go along with others.
 

Attachments

  • ADEA015B-3B64-4DCF-8073-3DCF5CF503F0.jpeg
    ADEA015B-3B64-4DCF-8073-3DCF5CF503F0.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 43

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new