[ID Help] Is this blue shelf coralline algae?

DeepBlueSomething

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2017
Messages
487
Reaction score
1,044
Location
Houston, Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best picture I can get -- these are thin, brittle but hard shelves growing out primarily from this location. I have some LR near it that has some established blue coralline (can't get a good picture that isn't washed out from the whites). Please bear with my poor picture capabilities

The majority of what I have read is that most coralline is red / purple - so am I way off base and this is something totally different?

I love the discovery and am excited for any help R2R can provide!

IMG_1814.JPG
 
Agreed.

FTR, I've had coralline start as green, red, yellow, pink, and blue, depending (I'm guessing) on the light it was receiving. It all eventually turned purple, though.

Thanks to you both - regardless I am happy for the diversity of life in my little slice of the reef -- although I could do with less of the green monster(s)!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new