ID help TCK Master Torch

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Can someone help ID if this is truly aTCK Master Torch? Any Torch experts that can help?
1659931792414.jpeg

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he is healthy it just because he was moved. Still looking for an ID

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's hard to say with it all closed up....get a good shot of it open ;)

Who did you get it from and did they provide proof of purchase from tck....or even a message from one of the guys at tck saying it was purchased from them?

There are lots of variations of master now.

TCK as I recall has 2 different masters. 1 is not around as much any more and a really old school one that has almost a hue of green/blue in the tenticles with whitish tips and one is more like yours with the green tips and golden/dirtygolden tenticles. Which is seen a lot more now.

It really comes down to where you bought it from.

There are so many imports coming in now that these color of torches aren't as rare anymore so many many vendors can get ones that look pretty dang close to all the high end vendors stuff.

Here's the old school tck master on the left with the blueish hint and whiter tips.
Screenshot_20220809-060823_Gallery.jpg

Here's another tckaster with green tips and brighter tenticles.
Screenshot_20220809-060852_Gallery.jpg

Another version from a no name
Screenshot_20220809-060938_Gallery.jpg

And another master version called the lightning bolt for fun, cut this head a few days ago. Kind of like the old school tck master but no bluish hue to the tenticles.
Screenshot_20220809-060517_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now thats an expert response. I really appreciate it. This is a from a seller/friend that said he got some from TCK and grew it out to sell. I am not sure how I am supposed to confirm that. Just a friend I trust ? Here is a open shot of the same frag zoomed out. What you think? This is with less blues on.
1660051900397.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If it's a trustworthy friend then I'd believe them.

It has the characteristics of the tck master.

Is there a bright green mouth? That's the 1 thing I can't really make out in your last picture.

OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a trustworthy friend then I'd believe them.

It has the characteristics of the tck master.

Is there a bright green mouth? That's the 1 thing I can't really make out in your last picture.
Appreciate your insight. Will try take a pic after work and see. I have very little knowledge of torch ID thats why I am on here. You are super helpful.

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate your insight. Will try take a pic after work and see. I have very little knowledge of torch ID thats why I am on here. You are super helpful.
The masters are all 100% aquacultured and have been with us for nearly half a decade now. As mentioned above, it will be very difficult to truly ID with all of the wild/maricultured torches coming in recently from suppliers overseas. The specimens we have sent out to customers are always in the tip top of shape, long membrane flesh and free of pests that one would find on a newly imported torch skeleton etc and are much more adapted to thrive in a variety of tank habitats

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The masters are all 100% aquacultured and have been with us for nearly half a decade now. As mentioned above, it will be very difficult to truly ID with all of the wild/maricultured torches coming in recently from suppliers overseas. The specimens we have sent out to customers are always in the tip top of shape, long membrane flesh and free of pests that one would find on a newly imported torch skeleton etc and are much more adapted to thrive in a variety of tank habitats
Truly top notch quality torches!!!

Seriously out of all the vendors they have the best flesh I've seen.

Some hobbiests can get crazy growth but TCK does it on such a large scale it's insane!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back