ID help

Jeremy_d

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2023
Messages
214
Reaction score
337
Location
Auburn
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is tube shaped and I just noticed it today. I regularly look at this part of the tank as it is where my pistol shrimp and goby routinely have their cave entrance. I have sand and rubble harvested direct from the ocean in this tank. Tank is mature and well established.

IMG_4537.jpeg IMG_4538.jpeg IMG_4539.jpeg IMG_4540.jpeg IMG_4541.jpeg
 
Looks like either a peanut worm (Sipunculan) or spoon worm (Echiuran). I'm leaning toward peanut worm, but either way they're most likely harmless/beneficial.
 
Here is another, better, image. I tried to siphon it out and ended up picking it up with my fingers. It is hard like shell/rock and seems broken on the end

image.jpg
 
Here is another, better, image. I tried to siphon it out and ended up picking it up with my fingers. It is hard like shell/rock and seems broken on the end

image.jpg
Could be a type of coral since you harvested rock directly from the ocean.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new