ID my paly please

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to say what ID I acquired it under because it may be biased in your identification. But what do you think it is?

IMG_5439crop.jpg

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Candy apple greens
Is there such as thing? The skirt was definitely throwing me, but CAR seemed close enough to put up as a guess. Now that I think about it more, the skirt does look a bit like Shazaam. But they would really need to color up on the disc to be these.

Last edited:

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there such as thing? The skirt was definitely throwing me, but CAR seemed close enough to put up as a guess. Now that I think about it more, the skirt does look a bit like Shazaam. But they would really need to color up on the disc to be these.

Yeah, its an old school paly i got some.

Zoanthkid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on the cag / spartans pride, bought some at a swap a while back but they melted on me definitely a nice polyp, would like to get some again if I ever run across them.

goody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a pic of the Candy Apple Greens or Spartan Prides? I'd like to see what they look like.
I saw a pic. of the Candy Apple Greens on BayCorals website. Since everyone is saying Candy Apple Greens, are you going to tell us what they were sold to you as? I'm curious.

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they're CAR's. Here's a pic of my CAR's I bought directly from Jason Fox at a frag swap and then to the right of them are CAG's I got from Bay Corals.

009-15.jpg

OP
OP
All Delight

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they're CAR's. Here's a pic of my CAR's I bought directly from Jason Fox at a frag swap and then to the right of them are CAG's I got from Bay Corals.

I appreciate the input, but I don't believe they are CAR's. I've had those before and these don't look like them. I've had these mysterious palys for nearly 10 months now. They grow really slow compared to my CAR's and Sunny D's. New growth is 1 polyp a month.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%

Back