ID needed

Sticker shock

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2019
Messages
451
Reaction score
428
Location
North Shore, Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to nurse this little guy back to health. A big patch of red slime settled right on top and knocked out a good bit of flesh. It’s seems to be doing ok-ish now.

Anyone know what type of coral this is?

IMG_1673.jpeg
 
The polyps are tiny compared to most of what I see of acans. Think it could be micromussa? Also, I can't find this red and blue color anywhere. I've been trying to track it down as it used to be quite a stunner. Really hope I can get it to heal up.
 
What is the flesh texture like?
Is it like this:
Screenshot_20230822_161335_Chrome.jpg

Or like this:
Screenshot_20230822_161430_Chrome.jpg


From what I can tell, it looks like a merulinid brain coral, probably Favites flexuosa or Dipsastraea rosaria.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new