Id on this one believe Cali tort ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter maroun.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

maroun.c

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Feb 13, 2011
Messages
4,691
Reaction score
7,321
Location
Lebanon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure of the ID on this one but believe it's a tort and looking at how much green its got I'm thinking cali tort ?
Weirdly ot gets a thick somehow rough growth and other branches are smoother as seen on the arrows.
Any ID information would be appreciated
Screenshot_20240427_165945_Gallery.jpg
 
My first thought was Miyagi Tort. I could be wrong though.
 
Last edited:
Got the myagi but in my tank it's darker green less shiny and rougher growth that's why I'm confused
 
My miyagi sounds like what you're describing but I saw one yesterday that came from the same colony as mine and it looked completely different. It looked very similar to the picture you posted. That's the only reason I thought Miyagi originally.
 

Attachments

  • 20240417_183537.jpg
    20240417_183537.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 45
I have 2 of the same torts in my tank as OP. Sure I got them from Vivid just don't remember the name either. I'm terrible with names.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new