ID please! Growth on zoanthid

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCJones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCJones

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404028494.102269.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404028508.106846.jpg


Hi Guys, does anyone know what this is growing on my zoa? It's white and translucent in parts?
 
I believe it's some sort of sponge I had some on one of my rocks as bad as yours is if not worse. When I took the rock out and started to pull it off the smell was horrible.

I do suggest you pull it off because I noticed that it was taking over my zoas on the rock it was growing on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new