IMG_3002.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 24

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like that’s it, thank you! Any advice on how to eradicate?
They have a little, flatworm-like body at the base of the strings - you may be able to suction them out with a turkey baster or similar. Beyond that, just any other manual removal methods you think may be effective.

smacrophylia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe I have had the same thing for about a year I hope this gets figured out!!…looks like thread thickness tentacles reaching around…came in a piece of Fiji live rock from what I can tell. I have had vermetid snails and and that’s more of a thin mucus string that sways with the flow of the water as opposed to independently reaching and feeling around…

They reached out far enough one time that I tried to grab with tweezers…they retracted too quickly to grab…

Doesn’t seem to sting anything but the constant “feeling around” rubbed a colony of magicians almost to death before I moved them.

U could close off the access point with some puddy or glue and hope it doesn’t find another way out.

If vermetid snails…I got lucky with a very productive yellow Coris wrasse but from what I understand that is a very hit or miss solution. Good luck

OP
OP
ReeferDad93

ReeferDad93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a little, flatworm-like body at the base of the strings - you may be able to suction them out with a turkey baster or similar. Beyond that, just any other manual removal methods you think may be effective.
Got it done. Found the body on the flesh of a coral. Used tweezers and a paper towel to dab it off. Thank you!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 43 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back