ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Yesterday I noticed a polyp like stalk sticking out of my sand bed. This morning it's there again, about an inch away from yesterday and has some green. Attached is a zoomed in picture and to me it looks like a zoanthid maybe? The weird thing is I only have one Zoa in the tank and it's one with a bright orange color and is up on the rocks about 20 inches away. The polyp in the pic is not attached to rock but sticking out of the sand bed. Any thoughts??? Thanks I'm advance

PXL_20251129_163947259.MP.jpg
 
Hello. Yesterday I noticed a polyp like stalk sticking out of my sand bed. This morning it's there again, about an inch away from yesterday and has some green. Attached is a zoomed in picture and to me it looks like a zoanthid maybe? The weird thing is I only have one Zoa in the tank and it's one with a bright orange color and is up on the rocks about 20 inches away. The polyp in the pic is not attached to rock but sticking out of the sand bed. Any thoughts??? Thanks I'm advance

PXL_20251129_163947259.MP.jpg
Definitely a paly or zoa polyp, can’t help with how it got there. Did you start with live rock?
 
Definitely a paly or zoa polyp, can’t help with how it got there. Did you start with live rock?
I started with dry rock first but added Australian live rock about 6 or 7 months ago. Can zoa or palys pop up like that? I thought they only spread via the "mat" they form, like keeping them on a rock island will prevent them from going elsewhere
 
I started with dry rock first but added Australian live rock about 6 or 7 months ago. Can zoa or palys pop up like that? I thought they only spread via the "mat" they form, like keeping them on a rock island will prevent them from going elsewhere
They can be sheared off by snails urchins or even you moving rocks around.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new