ID Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mearle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mearle

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2015
Messages
65
Reaction score
4
Location
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's a mushroom but have no Clue it's a new tank the guy gave me this rock and this was on it but it grew I know the green yellow things are sponges well so I hope lol but the yellowish with the brown dots or Spikes is that a mushroom or?? It's very hard to the touch so im unsure any help is much appreciated thanks guys
image.jpg
 
It's a Scleractinia, a stony coral. My first thought was it's a Palauastrea which was previously described as a Pocilloporidae but is now considered Astrocoeniidae. So, I think what you have there is a Stylocoeniella cocosensis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new