ID plz

  • Thread starter Thread starter sr71
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sr71

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 8, 2006
Messages
317
Reaction score
1
Location
Socal
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I got this frag but don't know what it is, bought it because I think it looks cool. The guy I bought it from also doesn't know what it is.


DSC03699.jpg
 
I've seen a similar coral referred to as a "Stardust Montipora." Not sure of the exact species though. Montis are like acros. Literally around 100 species. Very nice coral. I haven't seen much of them.
 
Thanks guys

I had it for a few weeks now and it's right under 250s mh. It's the same color as the colony and it's a branching type. You could also see some ridges on the left side.
 
ive got one and it was sold to me as a shamrock

edit.....are you sure its branching?? and not just "ridging". mine is defitnely encrusting not branching. That is not to say it cant form ridges or columns
 
Could be a monti spongoides (sp) if it had a few branches growing upwards. I am not super sure on this though.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new