ID the Hornet Family

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the common characteristic to look for when IDing a hornet, either the blues the purples or red??

I think its the alternating color of skirts with the white or silver dot in the center?

Please correct me if I am wrong and clarifiy all might Zoa masters!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd, 34 views and not a single response. With all the hype on this issue over the past few month I would have figured I'd get a few.

Hmmm, makes you wonder how honest people really are who are selling these? People always seem quick to call out the fake but don't want to discuss how to tell the diff.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help but dont know the anwser but maybe that I dont have a PH

bella127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the common characteristic to look for when IDing a hornet, either the blues the purples or red??

I think its the alternating color of skirts with the white or silver dot in the center?

Please correct me if I am wrong and clarifiy all might Zoa masters!!!

I agree with this statement. Especially the alternating skirts. But the name "hornet" gets a lot of zoa fans hot and bothered. Many of the "fakes" use the name "hornet" to boost up the price. Many people make up a name to yield a higher price. We commonly use names as benchmarks to sell different coral. I have listed zoa's on another site with the names I purchased them with and got blasted thru public forum or private message telling me that those are "Joe Blow blue's" not "Tubbs" or those are not "Martians " they are Aloha PE 's (paraphrasing). Purple Hornets have probably stirred up the most debates :price,real /fake, longevity , availiblity that I had ever seen in this hobby. But for a hornet in general I would say the alternating colored skirt and ring inthe middle for a benchmark.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back