ID this hermit please!

megisawesome06

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2015
Messages
159
Reaction score
27
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious what kind this is. I usually don't see them unless I come back after lights out. I have quite a few hermits but no idea what kind. I know I have a blue legged somewhere in there.

dadab1408ba89a18bf5f1219f6e3722f.jpg
 
looks like a Halloween hermit crab....could be wrong though....i have one and it's orange with some black stripes
 
Defanitly not a holloween. Looks to me like one of the large common hermits. Not sure the type.
 
He looks pretty normal. White stripes on his legs. I'll keep looking. :)
 
They actually call them Striped Leg Hermit Crabs, of course not the scientific name, sometimes called Thin Striped.

I have heard they can get large, opportunistic eaters.
 
Cool! I checked last night and I have some dwarf blue legged ones, at least 1 scarlet one and I THINK I might actually have a Halloween one in there. [emoji38]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new