ID this little molusk please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cjud7982
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cjud7982

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
396
Reaction score
289
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this little clam or something on a rock I got months ago with some frags. I left it just to see what would happen in my invert qt. The other day I saw it again for the first time in months, stuck to the glass and moving pretty quick. Couldn't get a decent picture. Saw him again this morning and tried again. Just curious what exactly this is.

IMG_20181118_093454879.jpg


IMG_20181118_093435683.jpg
 
Stomatella based off your description. They are extremely fast moving. But they're a great clean up crew member :)
 
Kind of looks like a keyhole limpet, but I would guess stomatella also based on your description “fast moving.”
 
I thought stomatellas were snails? Am I about to learn something new again? This hobby always suprises me lol
 
thats what i was thinking. lucky hes in my coral only tank and not in my display with my puffer haha. he would make a nice little snack for him. :p

I can’t tell from your photo if it’s swimming or on a jetski ? Maybe try photographing the monster under blues like we’re used to look at on here
 
I can’t tell from your photo if it’s swimming or on a jetski ? Maybe try photographing the monster under blues like we’re used to look at on here

lol is there some sarcasm there? I have been trying really hard lately to take clean photos of my tanks and id requests. I have even started adjusting the colors post photo using an app of some nature to eliminate that gawd awful blur of washed out blues. I have tried to id for others, and have seen and read of others getting legitimately angry over people not taking a good picture.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new