Ideal Alk level relative to nitrates (nutrients)

Just an update just measured phosphates and it came at .117ppm, no wonder the sps look like crap.
I am either going back to the tank where it was with very low N and P OR I will come back with a structural game plan...stay tuned. By structural I mean changes to my existing export methods without adding anything to the tank.
 
No I did not calibrate the thermometer using the saline solution. But I figured out if it was really off by a huge margin it would have had a big impact on lps and all of my black widows as they sensitive to salinity swings.

All my all dosing is done at night or when lights are off. But dosing 8ml or 10 ml a day is not gonna make a huge impact.
Raising nitrates was done over like a week ago and not a month.
No other changes were made to the tank, no additive or salt change or anything. I dosed red sea ab+ for a few days at 1ml a day for a 85 gallon system then started noticing some very slight burnt tips on the acro colony so I stopped it ever since. No other new thing introduced to the syste

I also, use Red Sea ab+, but dose 8ml per day for my 50 gallon. I believe the directions on a mixed reef tank for ab+ is 4ml/day per 25 gallons. Am I understanding you have been only dosing 1ml per day? You may want to consider bumping your dose is ab+ per day.

all I can contribute
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new