Ideal sump/refugium setup for sps only infinia frag 175.6

smacrophylia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. So I went ahead and ordered a waterbox infinia frag 175.6 and I am trying to plan out my setup. I have decided to transfer rock from my current setup to avoid starting from scratch. However, I plan on having nothing but pvc and egg crate as the “aquascape” so the rock will go in the sump? That seems like a lot of rock will be needed and will take up way too much space in the sump to allow for equipment. Any other ideas?

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're set on eggcrate, use the black kind. The regular egg crate leaches something that causes a brown blimey hairy algae. It's a royal pain to keep at bay.

Otherwise, acrylic frag racks are a great way to go with less of the algae trouble.

You can also add sand or crushed coral to get surface area without taking up space.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 39 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back