Moving a waterbox 190.5

Mrcote1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

Planning to get back into the hobby for a 4th time. Last reef tank was four years ago and it amazes me how much things change and evolve in this hobby!

So I have been doing extensive research on the setup I want. My last one was all custom and I plumbed my sump to the basement and just way overly complicated. I want to do the aquarium package and after looking at all the options the Waterbox Infinia 190.5 looks the best.

anyone have experience moving this around? My concern Is getting it into the house and setup. How many people would be needed to move that tank and any pointers on moving a heavy system? My last tank was only a 75 gallon so 2 people was plenty

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 4 with one on each corner to be safe. I have a waterbox frag 105 and 2 can do it without much struggle but after a few minutes it gets heavy. Better to be safe then sorry when you’re dealing with that much money and something so delicate. You could get the suction cups to carry it but I don’t trust those that much. Hope it all goes well and keep us posted

OP
OP
Mrcote1

Mrcote1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 4 with one on each corner to be safe. I have a waterbox frag 105 and 2 can do it without much struggle but after a few minutes it gets heavy. Better to be safe then sorry when you’re dealing with that much money and something so delicate. You could get the suction cups to carry it but I don’t trust those that much. Hope it all goes well and keep us posted

thank you! Are the stands very heavy on the waterboxes too? I imagine not if its aluminum

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stands are not bad. I recently set up a WB 330.7 and was able to bring the stand in alone. I hired a mover to bring the tank in. 84x30x25" is over 600 lbs so I didn't have a choice. I just looked at the dimensions of the 190.5 and I'm confident I could move that tank alone if I had too but it would easier with 2 people. I've moved several 6ft tanks alone you just need to be a little creative. Having a high risk tolerance also helps ;)

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you! Are the stands very heavy on the waterboxes too? I imagine not if its aluminum
I have the wood stand so not sure on the aluminum stands but my stand isn’t heavy, I could do it alone but easier with two cause it’s awkward. I imagine the aluminum stands are the same weight if not lighter

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back