ideas for 40g breeder stock plan

VanillaStar

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Little Rock, AR, USA
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! New to the saltwater side of the hobby, although ive only been in the hobby for just over a year now, i just recently set up my very first saltwater tank, a 40g breeder, and did a fishless cycle for a little over a month, and am wondering and what would be good to stock the tank with? I currently have a couple of xenia corals, and an astrea snail, and the only other plans ive made for the tank are a pair of ocellaris clowns i already have picked out, and a rose bta for when my tank has aged correctly for one. Im interested in maybe a goby(first pick being a purple firefish), a blenny(my picks being either a lawnmower or a bicolor), maybe a royal gramma, however im open to suggestions or ideas of changes or different fish i could also add! Id also love to get into owning corals and maybe different anemones if there are any that would live comfortable in my tank with my current stocking plans.
 
What you have listed is a strong approximation of what I set up my 40B with before I moved it all over to a 75 a few years later. Have fun with it!! I'd add the clowns last, especially if you want a pair, due to territorialism, otherwise you sound like you're on a good track.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new