Ideas for aqua scape (240)

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I could painstakingly search through all of the posts and try to amass a mental catalog of ideas for scaping my 240

Or... those with bigger tanks could post some fts in here so I can have them all together for comparison.

Please

I'm not sure where I want to go with my new build. I like the minimalist look, but I also like traditional wall look. I'm upgrading from a 125, and although it isn't a huge jump, I'm going to have a bigger footprint to play with. Obviously there are more options than with a smaller tank.

WVReefJunkie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 220 Gallon system that has been running for a year and a half. Here is a pic of the aquascape in mine. If I had to start over, I would aquascape like a tree with acrylic rods to keep the liverock off the sand bed. Then I would link them together with rock, like arches between them. That way I could get more flow under the aquascape.
IMG_20151210_185816414.jpg

OP
OP
traumajeff

traumajeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 220 Gallon system that has been running for a year and a half. Here is a pic of the aquascape in mine. If I had to start over, I would aquascape like a tree with acrylic rods to keep the liverock off the sand bed. Then I would link them together with rock, like arches between them. That way I could get more flow under the aquascape.
IMG_20151210_185816414.jpg
I've thought about doing the "tree" thing too. I'm leary about having to do it on a larger scale that would look good in a bigger tank. The weight and mechanics involved start to get sketchy (at least for my skill level). The flow issue is definitely benefited with implementing something like that though!
Thanks for the reply and pic!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back