Ideas for mounting LED & T5’s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Walkadoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Walkadoc

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Messages
58
Reaction score
19
Location
Topeka
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 36” ATI T5 light for my frag tank and decided that I would add it to my 150 gallon to supplement my 2 XR30 G4’s. Issue is I have 60”.. suggestions on if I can do the XR’s under the edges and if so how much room should I leave between? I need the XRs under it about 6” on each side leaving only 24” of the ATI exposed.
 
I am not sure I am understanding what you are asking.
 
I would put the 30's at the ends of the 36" unit. You want it level with the t5 unit.
How wide is the t5 unit? And how many bulbs.
I would not want leds directly under the t5 light source.
 
I would put the 30's at the ends of the 36" unit. You want it level with the t5 unit.
How wide is the t5 unit? And how many bulbs.
I would not want leds directly under the t5 light source.
Just noticed you had responded.. my apologies. T5 is about 15" wide, 6 bulbs .. i was just worried about the 30's being to far apart and too close to the ends. anything wrong with the 30's being tilted inward a little bit to direct back more to the center of the tank?
 
Last edited:
Just noticed you had responded.. my apologies. T5 is about 15" wide, 6 bulbs .. i was just worried about the 30's being to far apart and too close to the ends. anything wrong with the 30's being tilted inward a little bit to direct back more to the center of the tank?
I would keep them level with the t5 unit. Tilting it wont accomplish much.
This is an 48" 4 bulb t5 I have. The radions sit inside. Never set it up.
I had 5 xr15's on it.
20231106_115127.jpg
 
I purchased a 36” ATI T5 light for my frag tank and decided that I would add it to my 150 gallon to supplement my 2 XR30 G4’s. Issue is I have 60”.. suggestions on if I can do the XR’s under the edges and if so how much room should I leave between? I need the XRs under it about 6” on each side leaving only 24” of the ATI exposed.
Ok if "I" get this correct you basically filled in the center of your tank with the 36" x 16" t5 unit. Leaves about 12" on each side for the gen 4's.

How wide is the tank?

First thought is the gen4's "sideways" and close if not touching to the ends of the t5.

Level with the t5's might be best. It's a messy light field
.
Gen 4's are pretty tight (90) and in theory the t5's are 90 degree reflectors.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new