Ideas on PAR readings

  • Thread starter Thread starter Salty0331
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Salty0331

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 14, 2014
Messages
550
Reaction score
133
Location
The South
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to finally get true PAR reading on my tank. I don't have a meter or know anybody that does. Without paying out the wazoo for one anyone have any suggestions?
 
Maybe a local shop or reef club has one they can loan or rent out to you. It is too bad they are so expensive as they are a very important & useful tool. They are only needed once and awhile though. Maybe you can split the cost with a few local reefers.

We use the Apogee MQ-200 here at the shop.

http://vividpetsupplies.com/products/mq-200-par-meter

Dave
 
The Reef club I'm a member of has 2 that we can use. Worth looking into for sure!
 
I wish we had more representation here by a club in my area. The local threads on R2R for my area seem dead. I guess I'll keep searching for a club as that makes total sense!
 
I wish we had more representation here by a club in my area. The local threads on R2R for my area seem dead. I guess I'll keep searching for a club as that makes total sense!

North of you http://www.reefvisionscommunity.com/
We meet 2nd Sat of every month. A few meetings are in your area as there are members from the Bradenton area.

South of you http://www.swfmas.com/lfs.html
Not sure when they meet but club has been around a while and has some great people running it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new