Identification help

  • Thread starter Thread starter akupiec04
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

akupiec04

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Gardner
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all trying to get an official name for a coral growing in my tank, sends out mini feelers at night. I believe it's fairly common.
1000002029.jpg
 
I think it's a green hydnophora. Apparently those feelers are mesenterial filaments, which they supposedly send out while feeding.
 

Attachments

  • hydnophora-blue-tip-horn-coral-3.jpg
    hydnophora-blue-tip-horn-coral-3.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 45
The texture seems alittle different though it encased a softball sized liverock with growth expanding out. I was thinking maybe a mint hairy Pavona?
 
The texture seems alittle different though it encased a softball sized liverock with growth expanding out. I was thinking maybe a mint hairy Pavona?

You beat me to it!
I have a different pavona, leaf, which is thinner and a semi coarse texture. A cactus pavona seems to have thicker growth with hair. Trying to sell it, want to make sure I get as close a possible with what it is . Thank you for the help.
 
either Pavona decussata that has just encrusted or Pavona varians
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new