Identify Pest

hawkinsrgk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
239
Location
Hoover, AL.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully I am posting this to the correct area. Need help to identify this pest and if it is something that I should be concerned about.

Thanks
Randy

IMG_1167.jpg
 
Ummm...
Look up eunicid worm and see if the 'face' is the same :(
I can't really tell from the pictures...
 
^-- +1 Pretty sure those are vermetid snails. They mostly are not a bad hitchiker, their webs they cast to catch food can irritate corals. Also because when moving rocks/corals/frags/equipment as they will set up shop almost anywhere and their shells can be VERY sharp and will puncture the skin.
 
vermetid snail

^-- +1 Pretty sure those are vermetid snails. They mostly are not a bad hitchiker, their webs they cast to catch food can irritate corals. Also because when moving rocks/corals/frags/equipment as they will set up shop almost anywhere and their shells can be VERY sharp and will puncture the skin.

Thanks guys. It doesn't look like there is a good way to remove them other than reduce feedings or maybe a copperband butterfly

I have never been able to keep a butterfly fish alive for over a couple of days. Had zero luck with them

Any ideas on how to get rid of them or should I not worry about it?

Thanks for the help
Randy
 
Thanks guys. It doesn't look like there is a good way to remove them other than reduce feedings or maybe a copperband butterfly

I have never been able to keep a butterfly fish alive for over a couple of days. Had zero luck with them

Any ideas on how to get rid of them or should I not worry about it?

Thanks for the help
Randy

There is no way to eradicate them all. You can break off the shells and/or put glue over the hole in the shell.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new