IDing this algae — very frustrated!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nhbegli
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nhbegli

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
9
Location
VA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have been in the hobby for 4 years and have had many moves in that time. Unfortunately my most recent move caused a new problem: a persistent algae that was almost entirely wiped out by ReefFlux but has come back with a vengeance and is unresponsive to ReefFlux.

I still believe it is bryopsis as it looks exactly like it did when I first had it and it responded to fluconazole like bryopsis should; however, I thought it could be green hair algae too. GHA looks very similar, but I am less likely to think it is GHA because my urchin, tangs, and snails do not touch it in the slightest. I’ve tried manual removal, have gotten my nitrates and phosphates under control, have chaeto to compete in my sump, but to no avail.

Can anyone suggest next steps? It has seriously choked out all my frags and is extremely difficult to eradicate.



IMG_6861.jpeg

IMG_6862.jpeg

IMG_6863.jpeg

IMG_6864.jpeg
 
White lights help with identification. Turn blues off.

Also, details matter. List your parameters.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new