If there is ONE coral you cant kill this is it....

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANTHELIA

i left it out for 5 hours under my HQIs, it was a frag with about 10 heads on it. When i noticed it, it was TOTALLY dried out, tossed it back into my tank and not even two hours later its fully open lol

labman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to bad one of the corals I wish I never got along with Bloody GSP

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know somone who left a toadstool on the front seat of there car for a weekend. It was a large specimen and was in a ziplock bag with a little water. Temps outside got into the 50's and It survived.

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals take colder temperatures better than hotter ones IME. My GSP is rediculous. I moved it from the sandbed to a rock last week and its already an inch onto the new rock. I predict scraping and cutting in my future.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well because things kind of shut down in the cold and therefore can be revived but in the heat they melt

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you want an indestructable coral eh?

try acropora tenuis.

i had a acro a long time ago. thing fell behind my rockstack and was there for a few weeks. took it out and it was bleached very bad. a few months later, it had 3/4 inch new growth and all its color back. i ended up trading that acro, and i still kick myself for getting rid of it.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and the time that acro fell, my tank was at 86 degrees. it was last (early)fall sometime. abient temps were 80ish and my heater was set at 85.

Okeewanfonokee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some Anthelia and I think I made a mistake by buying it. It has started to fuse the shell it came on with the rock and I noticed today small sprouts in random areas of my lil nano. Do you think it is safe to cut it back? or if by cutting I hope it does not start some kind of spawn? Funny thing is I have some zoas living in the middle of them, did not notice when I bought the frag. They are really cool green with yellow highlights on the disk. I would take a picture, if not for the forest of Anthelia covering them up. It has been about 2 months and the zoas are still there.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 64 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back