Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely my clownfish

The corals, pods and bristleworms won't put up much of a race. Lol clown is my only fish
Yeah I think the clownfish would really win that one haha

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is that? What are you using for lighting? I really like the way that looks
Thanks, tank is a 180g. Lighting is a quiver of Kessils, when I took down my 90g and put this guy in its place I also took down a couple other smaller tanks and had 4 360we's and 4 360x's. Just messing around at the beginning I put all 8 on this tank. Turns out the different combination of lights and the added control of violet, red and green on the 360x's gives you you the option of many different looks and options not just for visual appearance but also makes it easy to accommodate all the different types of corals lighting needs in my mixed reef. I keep 2 360we's on each end and the 4 360x's in the middle with the outer 2 pointed to towards the ends of the tank some.
I gotta say this tank and it's current quiver of inhabitants is in my top 3 tanks in 37+ years, this one probably #1.

Last edited:

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Crosshatch trigger +1

Crazy how fast those fish are.

They were like 3-5" and could cover 10 feet in a blink of an eye.

Would sometimes scare me when I'm on the step ladder, also could make some decent splashes.

I ended up just feeding the tank on their end of the tank so I didn't have them racing across the tank lol

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy how fast those fish are.

They were like 3-5" and could cover 10 feet in a blink of an eye.

Would sometimes scare me when I'm on the step ladder, also could make some decent splashes.

I ended up just feeding the tank on their end of the tank so I didn't have them racing across the tank lol
That's awesome.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imagine if you had a fish tank race, it could either be swimming from one end of the tank to the other, or doing laps around the tank. My question is if you hypothetically had a race in your tank where the fish in your tank were the contestants, who would win it.

If FOOD is prize then winner will always be my blue hippo tang - it would bend space and time to reach food before any other fish... this is probably why it is already almost 5" long and only a year and a half old (bought it size of quarter July 4th 2021)

If anything else, then my Ecsenius pulcher I've had from Oman since April 2022 - his/her name is Omar (Omar from Oman (giggle)) - mine is much more purple (coralline purple) than the gray shown in this photo from Reef Builders:
Ecsenius pulcher from Oman image.jpg

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bunch of slow movers.

My pajama cardinals would probably battle it out for first place, followed by my royal gramma, starry blenny, engineer goby, and of course, my aphasia eating filefish bringing up the rear.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pencil Wrasse or Red-Lined Wrasse under normal conditions. Foxface beats them all if he gets spooked though. :D

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a bunch of slow movers.

My pajama cardinals would probably battle it out for first place, followed by my royal gramma, starry blenny, engineer goby, and of course, my aphasia eating filefish bringing up the rear.
my Royal Gramma is a drama queen... would probably just lay in the sand pouting about having to race

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Royal Gramma is a drama queen... would probably just lay in the sand pouting about having to race
What if you gave a prize? would it still pout?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once my coral beauty gets going it could probably win (competition is a goby, fang blenny, clowns, and waspfish, so not much competition).
If I’m counting freshwater, I’m pretty sure my neon tetras can teleport.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back