If your RO-Di water smells fishy, it isnt the container

ECOKid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, one of the main reasons i started a R2R profile, was to document some of the weird things that i sometimes come across. This is probably my first official post of a strange thing Ive came across. My Ro water began to smell fishy. Literally fishy. Looking at my resin, it was less than half depleted. So i marked it off and assumed it was the container. Well i removed the tube from my container and ran it into another container i felt was clean. As the water was exitting, the stream smelled like a dead fish! So i replaced all filters and felt the resin was ok. After running new filters, the water STILL smelled like a fish. So i removed the di cartridge and dear god it smelled bad. And it was no where near depletion! No idea what could have caused it. But after a quick change, its back to nice clean water. Hope this cuts some hassle down for someone!!
Matt

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often you use your RODI?

OP
OP
ECOKid

ECOKid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say about 80 gallons a month and ive had it for about 4 months. I have the 150gpd watersaver which utilizes a second membrane. Judging by how little the resin had browned, id say it was far from depleted. I did find a thread on another forum site where people were talking about running units thst had sat and it caused the resin to stink up. Which made me check the resin. I bought the unit used and didnt chsnge the resin because i was getting 0 so theres a chance it sat with whoever had it for however long and smelled up, but i wasnt getting fishy water until a a week or so ago

Back